|From Funny Kitty Cat Pictures|
I'm being a very grumpy reader at the moment and finding it hard not to get annoyed by stuff which may not normally annoy me. Here are some grumpy thoughts I've been having recently whilst reading a selection of different books and short stories:
1. Why is the cock always personified? Cocks can't be 'needy', nor can they 'weep'.
2. According to hub, when erect a cock does not ache so why do they always ache in m/m books?
3. I'm sure men over the age of twenty don't spring a boner all the time at the mere thought of sex.
4. I'm bored of all this sex.
5. Ew, use a condom, you don't know where he's been.
6. If I'd just met someone and he spewed out his whole sorry life story and then cried on my shoulder, I'd run a mile in the opposite direction, not think I was falling in love.
7. You're too forgiving.
8. You're not forgiving enough.
9. This book could do with a damn good edit.
10. I only read this story 14 hours ago, I should be able to at least remember something about it.
11. Why do all these grown men sound like whinging teenage girls?
12. Just cos it's Christmas doesn't mean that common sense has to go out of the window in favour of forcing a HEA.
13. Oh good grief, purple prose alert!
14. For goodness sake, put the paddle away and get on with some plot, or character development, or something.
15. *Yawn* I think I'll go and play Skyrim. Killing Drougars is tons more exciting than this book.
You see? Totally grumpy. What grumpy thoughts have you been having about books recently? Just generally, nothing specific about any one book :).